AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I humbly request for some aid in my grand goal to watch TV via my HTPC this weekend...

Premises:

1. Want to watch TV on HTPC.

2. Relevent equipment: ATI All-In-Wonder 9600 Pro, M-Audio Revolution 7.1

3. Audio cable from AIW 9600 pro going into M-Audio's Line-In port.

Problem:

No sound playing *unless* I go into TV-on-Demand mode, which basically then uses the M-Audio Line-In port to record the sound. If you look at the picture, note that I circled a part of the screen in BLUE, indicating that the computer is receiving the sound. However, it's not playing it.

Hypothesis:

1. I'm assuming I need "Line-In" to show up on my Master Controls (audio) in the normal Playback menu for sound. However, I am unable to add Line-In under normal Playback -- in fact there are very few things I can do (circled in red).

2. Being with AVS forum for a year or so, I *know* there's someone out there with similar problems, but somehow solved them. Please help!

I've found a help file here that shows what I need to do -- http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/2596.html -- but I am unable to an audio input as it is grayed out for me.

Anybody?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DOH! If I wire it through my P4C800 Deluxe MoBo's audio in and hook up from there I suppose it'll work? 'Course then I have no Revo... :-(

Sorry for asking the AIW+Revo=no sound question -- seems like a bunch of people asked this previously on the board before... I tried the search function but was not successful for some reason.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just FYI: I had no luck using the Revolution with the MyHD 120. After fiddling with it for months to get rid of terrible stuttering, I finally went back to the motherboard's AC97, and all's well. I'm not sure at whom to point the finger; the Revo worked OK with CDs, DVDs, MP3s, and my Hauppauge PVR 350, so at first blush I thought it was the MyHD drivers. But MyHD works with the onboard sound just fine, so its own drivers seem OK too. It's confusing!

I've seen other posts which seem to point the finger at M-Audio for failing to fix bugs in their drivers for over a year.

--Brent

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does anyone have a suggestion as to what capture card I want to use with a ATI Radeon 9600 Pro (not AIW), dScaler, and the Revo 7.1? Or basically Revo 7.1 does not support analog in with digital out, and that's the end of it, despite what card I use.

Sigh...

Incidentally, would anybody recommend any TV card w/ S-Video to work with dScaler?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.