AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, need help asap. I just got a new scientific atlanta 8300HD DVR. Hooked it up over component using my Component to VGA converter. My tv just shows green thats it. Im tried checking the component wires and they are all fine. I tried resetting the converter "pulling power" and that doesnt work either.

I had a pace HD box before and it worked fine. Whats wrong?

·
Banned
4,296 Posts
Quote:
Hooked it up over component using my Component to VGA converter.
is this a transcoder or simply a adapter cable

and then why not just use component, why output VGA and then convert to component?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Transcoder and its component to vga not the other way around. I have a loewe and its HD input is VGA.

I hooked my component up to my dvd player and it worked fine so it seems my cable and transcoder are just fine. I also used the s-video output on the 8300HD and that worked fine. So its either a setting on the box or the component outputs could be bad? It shows green the entire time even during setup, like I can see the screen and all its just all green.

·
Banned
4,296 Posts
it could possibly be the VGA or component cables as well, but since it works with your dVD player, I would have to think its the cable box

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would there be some wierd setting somewhere. The part that bothers me is the fact its green the entire time even during setup. I guess it could the wiring but everything worked fine on my Pace HDTV box, yesterday just unplugged stuff and plugged it into the 8300 and poof its all green.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.