Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the model: lc-32ga5u

the retailer: ibuydigital.com

The problem: I purchased this item sunday afternoon and called to confirm my order when i was greeted by some akward customer service that got me weary of my purchase. They finally just posted my order and it says my credit card is declined, which is a load of bull. I'm about to call the quits on these asses, but could use some help as to who is a legit online retailer with good overall ratings and has the set for under 1700 shipping included? anyone? thanks

·
Registered
175 Posts
Many credit card companies have fraud protection for purchases. Unless you regularly drop $1000 or more on your card they might have declined it until they could check with you. They also may have had bad experiences with that company. All you have to do is call them and check. Let them know you'll be making a large purchase.

A couple of links to consider.

http://www.resellerratings.com
http://www.bizrate.com
http://www.epinions.com
http://www.nextag.com
http://www.pricegrabber.com

Use common sense and don't be totally swayed by price. Check out the AVS forum sponsors and tell them you found them through the AVS forum. See what they can do for you.

·
Registered
52 Posts
You could try buydig.com. I was looking at them for the 26 inch Sharp and I see they have your model. I did my homework on them and they appear to have a very good reputation. Do your own homework of course. They also seem to often have the best price.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i was a hair close to going buydig, but ibuydigital had about the same reviews and offered 3 day shipping for only25 more than the total price at buydig. fingerscrossed was right, i called my credit card co. and they told me that they declined it due to the large amount which was irregular of my spending habits on the card for security reasons, which is good and all i guess. So ill be another day late but will clear this up with the csrs at ibuydigital tomorrow. Anyone on here got an accurate description of what a factory sealed aquos box should look like. i'll need to verify authenticity of a factory seal when the set arrives because if i open it or if its defective, i'm stuck with the 1 year parts and labor manufacturers warrantee. otherwise if i notice the box has been de-virginized, heh, i can not sign for it and return it for a full refund. thanks

·
Registered
826 Posts
I wanted to chim in since I have not seen this model on any inventory list for a while. I know Sharp is soon to come out with their new models and this one is going to be very hard to find very soon. My suggestion is that if you can find some one legit enough to tell you its in stock (as we all have read the horror stores of.."yes its in stock!" and it ends up not being available and they had to charge the CM a cancellation %fee, etc.

First of all, I understand you sound frustrated on your credit card declining. I can speak for any internet retailer that there can be fraud prevention for a credit card declining due to an internet purchase along with the possibility of a daily limit that people are not aware of until after they have placed an order of a large amount (I understand yours was not that large). This might be a possibility and is more than best to discuss it over with your bank on the possibilites of why your credit cards has declined.

Best of luck and hope you purchase your new LCD very soon.

Best Regards,

Cambryn

·
Registered
447 Posts
whityfrd,

Just to add to what cammy said, ask your bank to see if the E*tailer even tried to run your card. Then if they did, ask why it was declined and why you were not contacted for additional information on the purchase.

There are times when you are not approved, but you are not declined either. What happens is the Bank that issued you the card, can ask for additional information on the purchase and verify that the person using the card is in fact the actual cardholder.

Take Care,

Richard

·
Registered
78 Posts
yeah, my card got declined when i spent 1600 on a laptop on the internet. one quick call to the 800 number on the back, and it went through.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I just don't understand the ,go with the cheapest e-tailer and cross your fingers and hope for the best mentality.

buydig is the same as Beach Photo, just operating under another name. That's the first red flag for me to question using them.

·
Vendor
31,428 Posts
A couple words of caution " The best prices are not always the best deals".

There are times when alot can be said about customer support and knowledge of a dealer weather it be Internet, Local, or Mail Order.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Do people not read entire threads any more? This person already contacted their credit card company, and shared the details with everyone earlier in the thread.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Cammy how'd you make out with Hazchem's complaint of his 5050PDP being dented and broken? You can find the post on the "Official 2005 Pio Thread".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.