AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read the "guide to hd-dvd authoring" at the top and have been looking all over for answers but I can't find out how to make MovieFactory 5 or VideoStudio 10 let me choose 1280x1080 as a template. I do everything but the "user defined" area in these programs is grayed out, and the only "standard" sizes that appear are 1440x1080 and 1920x1080. What can I do? If I pick either of those it will re-encode the video. By the way I don't know if this has anything to do with it but the only "Encoder driver" available is "Ulead Mpeg.Now Encoder".

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
You need HD Patch for this, it's a little software that a avs member did, just do a search in avsforum and you'll find the thread..

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That didn't help
I think that program is used to convert 1088i files to 1080i so you can author them, but that's not my problem. Mines is already at 1280x1080 but MovieFactory and VideoStudio won't let me set that resolution. Do you know of any way to change the header of my mpeg file or something in there so these programs will think it is 1440x1080 and compliant? Maybe it'll take it without re-encoding? Has anybody gotten these programs to work with 1280x1080?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.