AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just won some thing in a auction and want to start building a new system. I have had a Bose V20 for a year and just sold it so I can work on building my new system. I have 2 Triad in room mini LCR, I also won 2 subs DD10 and DEQ 12 (Velodyne) lost the bid on a Rotel 1058, I love watching movies more than listening to music but I do sometimes, I want to keep it under 2k but want to make sure I dont get something I regret . So I need a receiver , center channel, dont know if the triads are good enough for front speakers or use them for surround, I have to pick one of the subs ( thinking it will be the DD 10 ) will sell the other one, and want a 7.1 system , any help would be great, Thanks

·
Registered
2,938 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac2me /forum/post/18265584

Can ANYONE give me a idea of a few models of receivers , like I said I was looking at Rotel

It sounds like you want something that isn't going to become obsolete overnight and also something that has quality parts. IMHO, Rotel is overpriced.

Look for something that is THX certified because it should give you quality parts in the amplifier section, which should be able to handle speaker loads down to the 4 ohm region without falling apart. Almost all of the major manufacturers offer this type of AVR in the $800 range, sometimes down into the $600 area when they are on sale.

Look at the Pioneer VSX-21 and 23, and the Onkyo 707, 807 and HT-RC 180 AVRs. They cover all the bases nicely and are affordable.

Good hunting

·
Registered
452 Posts
It's a bit of overkill but it will do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts