AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the LG 50PZ550 and i'm having a hard time calibrating it the way i want...

I don't understand that a 600hz plasma can have so much lag/ghosting when my old 2007 40" LCD (LNT4065F) got like NONE !

Is there some options i need to activate/desactivate in order tu have a fluid image ?

When there's movements, whenever it's on cable or HD movies on my WDTV Live Hub, there's so much lag from the movements, and i want to get rid of it...

Thx in advance !!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm not sure what you're describing. What content are you viewing? which input?

There is some image retention, but I've watched HD sports, blu ray movies, component Wii, not seen, like, vapor trails or whatever. Sorry, I'm not too familiar with what ghosting looks like.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's like people are "teleporting" themself, it's hard to explain. When there's movements it isnt fluid, it's like a 1000000000 flashing pictures, so i can see like a "ghosting effect" but not like the ghosting on an LCD.

It does that on TV cable, and on my WDTV live hub, ill try blu-ray on PS3 tonight.

Maybe it's the receiver ? (Pioneer VSX 1019) Or just the TV.. i'm pretty sure it's not normal.

***Ive seen somewhere that the LG50PZ550 has horrible imput lag, like 115ms, is that it????

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ive reset everything back to default, and it seems way better now.. I wonder what option should be on or off to help my "movement problem"

*** I have tested with Watchmen on Blu-Ray and it was still present... but less...

BUT THEN... tested on a PS3 game.. and IT WAS HORRIBLE... when the scene pan from left to right it wasent fluid AT ALL... my 60hz LCD had better result...

WHAT'S WRONG ??????????? can anyone help me ????

·
Registered
135 Posts
In the advanced picture settings there is a Film mode. you might try turning that on (or, off).

And definitely plug your Blu ray player directly into your tv just to troubleshoot. Eliminate variables.

last thing, have you hooked up tv to ethernet? When you do and you go to the netcast page, it will check for updates. There might be a firmware update you haven't gotten. Though I don't remember any images issues before mine updated.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah i will try to update the firmware tonight.

I called LG and they will be sending someone with new parts for repair, they seem to know what the problem is if they already ordered the parts before even giving a look at the problem in real person. Maybe it's a common problem with those models

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.