AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, i really could use some advice in trying to decide what final 240hz passive 3d tv i want. So i have a few question's i need answered to help figure out my final decision.

1) First, are the problems in terms of tv defects in the LG LM7600 and LM8600 are as wide spread as they appear to be from what i read in the dedicated forum threads about them?

2) Second, is the over all quality of Toshiba's higher end tv models every bit as good as the LG television models mentioned earlier in terms of build and image quality?

3) Third, Is Toshiba's warrenty and custumer service here in Canada as good as LG brand?

The reason for all my question's is because i'm seriously considering getting myself the Toshiba 47L7200U passive 3d tv instead of getting the LG 47LM8600 like i had originally planed on doing because of the quality control issue's of the LG brand i've read about in the forums!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I will say, the quality control issues are probably not nearly as widespread as this forums seems to make them. We are a very select few people who most likely are only going to complain here if something is bad.

If you are a typical person you will most likely be happy with either purchase. But if you are paranoid and ocd about the situation and check every quality issue, than yes you will not be satisfied with any tv you buy.

Differences between the two.

Lm7600 is much cheaper than the 7200u.

LM7600 and 8600 did not do great on input lag tests. 30-40ms. Toshiba markets about being great for gaming. Past models have been good and I would assume no difference. If your a gamer you may lean towards toshiba, but no input tests have been released yet for either the 6200u or 7200u.

I also hear in the toshiba thread that the blacks are a little bit better than the LG.

So, as it seems at this moment (my opinion) the winner seems to be Toshiba, however there are no reviews to confirm these observations, and until than my money will stay put and wait for prices to drop.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying and trying your best to answer my question's Hotthree, still can't make up my mind which brand 3d tv i want though "bang's head on computer desk....thud, thud, thud"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts