AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am trying to find a 32 inch HDTV for my sister for under $400. She does does not intend to use the tv as a computer monitor and does not play videogames so I'm assuming a 60hz, 720P tv would suffice. She usually sits about 6 or 7 feet from the tv. I occasionally see Samsung's LN32B360 for under $400 dollars so I was thinking of getting her one of those, but I'm a bit at a losss due to the large selection of tv's and because i'm mostly familiar with plasma. The tv needs to have built in speakers since she does not own a pair of speakers that can be hooked up to it at the moment moment. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
looks for models with good sound quality, in general avoid ones with down firing speakers because they sound terrible for obvious reasons and pretty much assume your not going to be using the built in speakers

many Vizio's are front firing and should sound decent, lots of sony's are as well and they tend to have the best sound quality as well

Samsung's pretty much always have down firing speakers

otherwise yeah 720p will be just fine, considering there will be no external sound device i would put sound high on the priority list

·
Registered
61 Posts
The Samsung 360 seems to be disappearing along with alot of the other clearance models. I haven't seen it in stores lately. Some places may still have it, I just haven't seen it around where I live. I'm still seeing the Sony 32L5000 in a few places in your price range. I've also seen the above mentioned Toshiba and a Panasonic (C12 I think) under 4 Benjamins.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts