AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am looking for some advice on choosing a Company to build my Desktop pc
I have looked at a few Companies Like Origin, Falcon ,Alienware. and would like some other ideas on who makes a great pc .
It will be built top notch with the best video and processors out there. so any help would be great thanks.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have looked at a few Companies Like Origin, Falcon ,Alienware. and would like some other ideas on who makes a great pc .
It will be built top notch with the best video and processors out there. so any help would be great thanks.

I would but doing my research it is impossible to get the Titan z card anymore for what they are supposed to be selling them for is 1500.00
since there are non available unless you go thru custom builders your paying 1700 plus for used ones . and sure you can pay 2500 for one brand new
people rip you off when there is a shortage, and i need 2 cards i found i can get pretty muchget what i want for around 6500.00

I could build it for around 5k if i could get those stupid cards somewhere.

cheapest i found it was thru Alienware but there new cases are retarded looking and origin is a little more but better looking pc all the way around

·
Registered
11,639 Posts
Why do you need two cards? I'd never recommend SLI to anyone that isn't comfortable enough with PCs to build their own. If you're expecting as seamless of an experience with SLI as one GPU, you're gonna be disappointed.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I agree. You don't need two cards. They just introduce more problems.

What is your budget and what are you goals?

I built a very fast PC for around $1500, which plays just about every game, using a GTX 970 and Intel i7 3770 CPU.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Do it yourself!! Fun project, cheaper and customized to your need. Maybe post your location, And you can find someone to help you!

·
Registered
146 Posts
If he's looking at the Titan Z I would hope that he is looking at it for more than gaming - video/image processing or something similar that requires a huge amount of ram. For gaming go the 980ti route as a Titan Z would be a huge waste of money.

·
Registered
234 Posts

http://www.cpusolutions.com/store/pc/home.asp

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've run my own company doing IT services and building gaming PCs since 1992. All the companies you've mentioned are overpriced. The way to start is ALWAYS to figure out the "problem" you are trying to solve. Biggest question is are you going to be gaming in 1080, 2k or 4k? That's where to start, because it sets the requirement for the video card. The rest gets filled in around it.

Feel free to PM me for more information. Even if you're not buying anything from me, advice is always free.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts