AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ime new to the forum and recently wanted to buy a new receiver.

Currently i have a harman kardon avr254 i bought from someone used, but its beginning to bug the hell out of me -_-. Lots of the same issues people here seem to have had. The speakers i am useing are decent but i plan on purchasing some decent high quality speakers over the next 6 months. So i want my receiver to be able to output some good clean sound quality and power. Im'e also looking for something that can output video well and easily connect my mp3 player too. I dont need internet functions as i have a ps3 handle most of that.

Anyway ime looking to buy a new a/v receiver next month and have been researching. Right now i am going for a 400-500 dollar budget and have really been pushing for the yamaha rxv671. Thing is, i dont need the Zone 2 it has. And the rx571 and 471 are a lot less money. I just figured since the rxv671 is rated at more power it would be able to drive my speakers a lot better. Also i will just use a 5.1 setup so maybe the 471 would do me fine.

I have also looked at options from denon, pioneer, and onkyo. The denon avr612 looks like my first choice if i end up getting a cheaper receiver to give more budget to speakers.

So what do you guys think? Should i just get one of the cheaper receivers because ime just useing 5.1 and dont need zone 2? Or should i be looking for something to output more power?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thx. Is the denon my best choice in that price range for features and sound quality? the 1612 was going for 200 on amazon for awhile but i just noticed the price jumped to 270$ i think. So now i think i would go with crutchfields price at 212$.

Other choices in that price range i have been looking at are

Yamaha rx-v471 http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-RX-V471BL-5-1-Channel-Receiver-VERSION/dp/tags-on-product/B004QR56R0

pioneer vsx-821-k http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pioneer-5.1-Channel-A-V-Receiver-with-iPod-iPhone-iPad-Connectivity/16935876

The yamaha is still more expensive at around 255$ while the pioneer is cheaper at 190..but its from walmart. So my last question is would the denon still be my best choice in that range? Does it have features the others dont have? What is your opinion on the one with the best sound stage? Thx again

Also i saw these jamo speakers on amazon on what seems like a killer deal if i could get it before it expires- http://www.amazon.com/Jamo-S426HCS3-Theater-Speaker-System/dp/B004AIKL9I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1342028072&sr=8-1&keywords=Jamo+S426HCS3 . Are these going so low for a reason or is this really a killer deal?

·
Banned
8,303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quixetocelixer  /t/1419680/need-help-choosing-a-new-receiver#post_22207281

The denon avr612 looks like my first choice if i end up getting a cheaper receiver to give more budget to speakers.

So what do you guys think? Should i just get one of the cheaper receivers because ime just useing 5.1 and dont need zone 2? Or should i be looking for something to output more power?

Cheap is such a relative term. Call around to some of the online dealerships and you will get a much better price then list. Not knocking anybody else's recommendations, I found, including delivery, the Denon AVR1713 for $400.00 at Vann's which fits your stated budget, Others here have indicated that if you put more effort in, you might find a better delivered price.

Hope the above helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts