AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing a map board where I work and I need some advice on a projector. After visiting with Ryan Pream at The City of College Station and actually seeing their dual projector setup, I have decided to install two projectors stacked. One projector will display the top half of the map and the other one will display the bottom half. I work for a small electric utility and our system is about 100 miles North to South and 50 miles West to East. That is why I need the 4:6 ratio. Anyway, my criteria are as follows from most important to least important(but still very important):

1. Resolution (Minimum SXGA)

2. Bulb Life (projector will run 24/7)

3. Price (Maximum $20,000)

4. Screen Door Effect (Could probably live with LCD)

Thanks for you help and another thanks to Ryan for showing us around today.

Jeff

------------------

What would you do with a brain if you had one? --Judy Garland

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Personally I have no suggestion for you, but you might want to try inputting those numbers of yours into the projector database of www.projectorcentral.com

------------------

/frode

·
Registered
286 Posts
Try JVC 3010 (or whatever the new model that sucks for home theater is) aimed straight up (JVC/T. Stites says ok for g11, ask about 3010) with a first surface mirror (search thread for sources) at a 45 degree angle to get 9 x 16 image. Or stack 2 as you suggest. No screen door, uxga, cheap bulb, lousy video contrast. Search thread for model # and reviews.

Randy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.