AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to buy my first HDTV (Panasonic TH-50PX80U) and want to upgrade my audio equipment along with the video upgrade. I have narrowed down my choices to the following receivers:

Marantz SR5002

Onkyo TX-SR606

Onkyo TX-SR705

Pioneer Elite VSX-91TXH

Yamaha HTR-6160

However, a couple of these are probably out of my price range unless I can find a great deal on them. I'd like to get something as future-proof as possible, as I have had my current receiver about 10 years. Any thoughts on how my current list stacks up, or whether I should consider something else?

My room is 15x20. I will be upgrading my speakers at some point over the next couple of months to match the receiver, so matching the receiver to my current speakers isn't an issue. (I'm currently using 2 Cerwin Vega floor speakers with Yamaha sub and surround. These speakers are about 10 years old.)

·
Registered
724 Posts
The Onkyo 606 is arguably the most future-proof receiver at the $400 pricepoint right now. Many people I know that can had set a higher budget for a receiver are getting that one.

4 HDMI inputs is great as well.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by odditory /forum/post/14225805

The Onkyo 606 is arguably the most future-proof receiver at the $400 pricepoint right now. Many people I know that can had set a higher budget for a receiver are getting that one.

4 HDMI inputs is great as well.

Questions for odditory:

- does it have pre-outs?

- matrixes m-ch PCM?

- matrixes hi-def bitstream?

Thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts