AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi have not been around for a while I just purchased Samsung 55 c7000 3d tv and samsung 3d bluray player c6900. I need to purchase a new av receiver I have an old sony with two outputs blown. I would like to spend around 600.00.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4492011
Hi have not been around for a while I just purchased Samsung 55 c7000 3d tv and samsung 3d bluray player c6900. I need to purchase a new av receiver I have an old sony with two outputs blown. I would like to spend around 600.00.
In the under-$750 pricerange, the Pioneer 1120, at just $500, is the best 3D-capable receiver available... hands down.

·
Registered
506 Posts
i'm in the same boat - my Samsung 3d tv is coming this thursday and i need a new receiver. i just dropped a ton of loot on the tv so i was looking to spend as little as possible....hoping $400 or less.

so frustrated because it's hard to find a good combination of cost/features/sound-quality.

i'm a longtime pioneer fan as far as car-audio, but i've never had any of their home theatre stuff. i would gladly go for the 1120 as mentioned, but it lacks Audio-Return-Channel for HDMI (unless i'm mistaken). That's important since the Samsungs have webapps that will make the TV the audio source in several situations.

the Denon AVR-791 looks like it has all my requirements but it's $500 on amazon and that's a bit more than i want to spend. not sure if it includes the onscreen tv gui for setup, but i've seen videos of that system on the denons and it's an embarrassment. also, the 791 is lacking on the inputs. only 1 component in, which will immediately taken up by the wii.

my current frontrunner is a sony... the STR-DN1010. it has the 3d switching, decent onscreen gui setup, 3 component in's and a few other things (like wireless surround support). and it's currently in my cart at amazon for under $300. all the features i want for super cheap. i have crappy speakers which i will eventually upgrade to mid-level speakers - so i don't think i'm going to hear the differnce in sq (but that is very debatable).

i think i looked at a few yamahas in my price range too but ruled them out because of missing ARC or something else?

i'd love to hear more suggestions in this pricerange and comments on how bad everyone thinks the sony would be.

thanks

·
Registered
2,421 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowpolyjoe /forum/post/0

i'm in the same boat - my Samsung 3d tv is coming this thursday and i need a new receiver. i just dropped a ton of loot on the tv so i was looking to spend as little as possible....hoping $400 or less.

so frustrated because it's hard to find a good combination of cost/features/sound-quality.

i'm a longtime pioneer fan as far as car-audio, but i've never had any of their home theatre stuff. i would gladly go for the 1120 as mentioned, but it lacks Audio-Return-Channel for HDMI (unless i'm mistaken). That's important since the Samsungs have webapps that will make the TV the audio source in several situations.

the Denon AVR-791 looks like it has all my requirements but it's $500 on amazon and that's a bit more than i want to spend. not sure if it includes the onscreen tv gui for setup, but i've seen videos of that system on the denons and it's an embarrassment. also, the 791 is lacking on the inputs. only 1 component in, which will immediately taken up by the wii.

my current frontrunner is a sony... the STR-DN1010. it has the 3d switching, decent onscreen gui setup, 3 component in's and a few other things (like wireless surround support). and it's currently in my cart at amazon for under $300. all the features i want for super cheap. i have crappy speakers which i will eventually upgrade to mid-level speakers - so i don't think i'm going to hear the differnce in sq (but that is very debatable).

i think i looked at a few yamahas in my price range too but ruled them out because of missing ARC or something else?

i'd love to hear more suggestions in this pricerange and comments on how bad everyone thinks the sony would be.

thanks

The 1120 -DOES- have the Audio Return Channel feature.

·
Registered
506 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse /forum/post/19566008

The 1120 -DOES- have the Audio Return Channel feature.

Ahhhh.. indeed. Thanks for the correction. I think i was looking at the 1020 specs by accident.

So i see around $480 on amazon for the 1120... maybe if i eat peanut butter and jelly for lunch every day for a few months. heh. so tempting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts