Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I currently have a Philips DVD Q50A player that just stopped working. I was in the middle of watching a movie and it shut off all of a sudden and would not power back up. I let it sit for a hour and plugged it back in but still no power, just a slight clicking sound. Now the dvd is stuck in there. I am pissed because i spent almost $600 2 years ago at Goodguys.

My question is i am looking at maybe buying a Denon 1200 or the 910 model, i don't need anything fancy, just as long as it has Faroudja processing. Or are there any other dvd players with Faroudja in the $300 price range.

Any info/recommendations would be a great help.

Thank you

·
Banned
3,539 Posts
A Denon DVD-1600 is better and discounted lower than the 1200 now. The 910 and 1200 have a softer picture and also have the color flicker bug. Tweeter also carries the new Mitsubishi DD-8040 Faroudja-based with DVD-audio player for $250, its essentially the same as the Denon DVD-1200 with a few extra setup features.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info.

First i am going to take in my dvd player and see how much it will cost to fix. I would like to keep it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.