AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

setup: 2011 khorns main, 2011 lascala cener, 99 KLF-30 surrounds, danley dts-10 sub

driven with pioneer elite VSX-47tx

I know macintosh and klipsch were made for each other. This setup serves as home theater and listening room.

Any opinions on MC207 vs MC252 w/ 3 outlaw 2200 monoblocks? or perhaps mc2102 w/ 3 outlaw monoblock so i can still have the warm tube sound when listening 2-channel? Would love to go all mac but don't have the money to dedicate mac monoblocks to center/surround. any and all opinions welcome. I'm here to learn!

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I have a 9.1 channel and 2 channel setup in my basement. I use a mc252 to drive the front l/r speakers in the ht ( bipolar definitive technology) and my stereo setup (Dynaudio contour 1.8's) I use a Rotel 5 channel and a b&k 2 channel amp for the the other 7 ht speakers. I am very happy with the Mack. I like the tube like sound it produces but it also works well with the other amps.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Damm I wish I had your problem!!! I "get by" with 2 Hersey II and Quintets for center and surounds all powered by a Marantz SR7000. I also use a KSW 12 sub. For audio I listen in stereo using the Hersey's and the sub.

Marantz are also a great match for Klipsch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.