AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which would you choose?


I like tight clear base


1. Infinity Primus PS410 ($150)

2. Klipsch RPW-10 ($160)



Please dont refer others as these are the only 2 I can choose from right now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,828 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljaycanuck  /t/1497044/need-help-choosing-s-sub#post_23887142


The product page doesn't say, and I'm too scared to guess!



+1 the buggers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,828 Posts

Quote:
-- Edit --

I checked the owner's manual and it does say +/-3dB. So I'll update my previous post.

Good old eljay slaps me down again lol
lol
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
15,491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljaycanuck  /t/1497044/need-help-choosing-s-sub#post_23887131


Infinity Primus PS410:

- 300W RMS amp

- 10" driver

- 27-150Hz +/-3dB


Klipsch RPW-10:

- 200W continuous amp

- 10" driver

- 35-120Hz +/-3dB


Based on the specs, I'd take the PS410.
Based on the very limited available specs there's no way to make an informed choice. Based on the price I wouldn't have high hopes for either.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,850 Posts

Quote:
Based on the very limited available specs there's no way to make an informed choice.
The question was "Which [of the two] would you choose?", not "Are the available specs sufficient to make an informed choice?"


Price favours the Infinity; the specs appear to favour it, too.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarciero  /t/1497044/need-help-choosing-s-sub#post_23887115


Which would you choose?


I like tight clear base


1. Infinity Primus PS410 ($150)

2. Klipsch RPW-10 ($160)


Please dont refer others as these are the only 2 I can choose from right now.

Based on your request, the Infinity Primus PS410 but due to your limitations, I suspect you won't get your wish.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
15,491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljaycanuck  /t/1497044/need-help-choosing-s-sub#post_23887247


the specs appear to favour it, too.
Such as they are, but as they leave out all the important details necessary to actually compare what the two are capable of they're of little to no value. That said, for the same driver size, similar cabinet size, less than a 2:1 power differential and a similar suggested retail price there's likely no significant difference between them.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,850 Posts

Quote:
Such as they are, but as they leave out all the important details necessary to actually compare what the two are capable of they're of little to no value. That said, for the same driver size, similar cabinet size, less than a 2:1 power differential and a similar suggested retail price there's likely no significant difference between them.
So, what you appear to be saying - in a much more verbose way than basshead81 did - is "flip a coin". Fair enough.
 
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Top