AVS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I recently just purchased some AudioEngine A5+'s to use as speakers for my pc gaming/movie setup.
I read these could be paired up with a subwoofer to provide more powerful bass.
I did some research around and found so many different subs to choose from but all from really old articles (2010-2012).
I was hoping someone could recommend me a good sub.
1. Room is 12ft x 10ft.
2. They need to hook up to my AudioEngine A5+'s. (I also purchased a Schiit Modi 2 DAC to improve audio quality)
3. Budget is $350. I really don't want to go over this, and I wouldn't mind a cheaper solution.
4. Need sub with lots of power and sound quality for listening to music while gaming and watching movies.
Any help is greatly appreciated thanks!

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Premier Acoustics 150, 30hz and up, those who have them seem to like'em. for gaming and music it'll make you happy. You may miss some ulf on movies though

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
In that price range, the best-rated that I considered was a NXG BAS-500 (roughly $283 at Amazon). More than one reviewer tried to overdrive it, and couldn't. Reviews said it was well suited for music, which seems to be the higher requirement of a sub (any cheap sub can do some boom-boom for a movie).

But for a few ducats more, you could get the Hsu VTF-1 if the sale price is still active. I just got a VTF-2, and am supremely impressed with it.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
If you were willing to stretch your budget just another $50 Reaction Audio has a great deal on a B-stock BPS-212 sub. That's a dual opposed sub with two 12" drivers and a 350watt amp. It comes with a full warranty for $399 shipped.

https://www.facebook.com/reactionaudio

Currently one of the best deals IMO. If it has a full warranty, there is no reason to be frightened about purchasing B-Stock!

+1

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
yea it's a bummer that Reaction quit offering that model. It is getting harder to find good subs in the 4-500.00 range for those on a budget or simply do not need all the extra headroom.
I agree. I also felt that way when they retired the dual-opposing 12-inch driver models. But business is business, and I'm sure Jeremy felt there wasn't a lot of profit to be had with these two models.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
yea it's a bummer that Reaction quit offering that model. It is getting harder to find good subs in the 4-500.00 range for those on a budget or simply do not need all the extra headroom.
For that budget I think dual $200 subs is probably a better option.

Or a PA-150..

But I do wish more quality subs were in the $400 range...I mean, you can wait until a sub closes out. I got my LFM-1 Plus for $450 shipped - that was new also.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For that budget I think dual $200 subs is probably a better option.

Or a PA-150..

But I do wish more quality subs were in the $400 range...I mean, you can wait until a sub closes out. I got my LFM-1 Plus for $450 shipped - that was new also.
Do you know where I can buy a PA-150 for around $350? It's 500 on amazon but I've read around you can buy it for less than 400. I'm having trouble finding it though.

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Go to the Premier Acoustic's website and submit an offer. Often one can get this sub for under $400, and a few have gotten them for as low as $350.

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.