AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The system drive in my WHS is failing and has SMART read-rate errors, with a lot of bad clusters as well. I cloned the system drive to a new hard disk and made changes to the registry using instructions from this page . But, I still get the "computer backup service" error.

The registry changes are tedious at best, and I might have messed it up. What do you guys do replace the system drive in WHS?

·
Registered
380 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramc /forum/post/18227409

The system drive in my WHS is failing and has SMART read-rate errors, with a lot of bad clusters as well. I cloned the system drive to a new hard disk and made changes to the registry using instructions from this page . But, I still get the "computer backup service" error.

The registry changes are tedious at best, and I might have messed it up. What do you guys do replace the system drive in WHS?

what program did u use to clone the sys drive?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Acronis, downloaded from the WD site. I used the option to clone "AS-IS", since the source & destination are the same size (2TB).

·
Registered
380 Posts
thats the "Home" version which might not play nice w/ a Server based OS (WHS is Server 2003 based)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts