AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm coming out of my DTC-100, D6000, and HTPC with a VGA cable that breaks out to four BNC couplers. R,G,B, and Black. These are connecting to a Sony PC-1271 switcher and then out through the BNC's to the future projector. When hooked up with these cables going through the switcher to a Sony PC monitor I don't get a picture. The switcher has R,G,B, Sync/HD, and VD terminals. Is the picture missing because my cables don't have the fifth (VD?) wire? When I hook my test Sony PC monitor straight to the sources it works fine.

Any comments/direction is appreciated.

Jack

·
Registered
6 Posts
jackb

I have pretty much the same setup using the dtc-100 as an hdtv reciever. My only question is why you only have 4 BNC's?? Now I did try to remove the VD (grey) and connect directly to my projector. I do get a picture with out it, it just flips on the screen. Now my switcher is new an just started hooking the pc-1271 up and seem to be having the same problems as you where I am getting no signal. It seems like it is functioning with the led's lighting up and the switcher cards in the back are turning on. My question is if anyone has a manual for this switcher. I wasn't sure if there was a jumper setting inside the box to bypass the "Remote1" to the monitor out. The remote1 14 pin connectors is used for shorter length cable (5meters or less) Then according the manual you have to hook it up to the monitor out port. I do have alot of my projector manuals that talk about this for the VPH-1272q projector if you want to look at it email me.

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just happen to have four six foot cables that are VGA 15 pin to 4 BNC, R, G, B, and Black. My last projector was a Sony 1271 Q and I know I used at least two of these cables and it worked. Maybe the 1271Q had no problem taking four or five BNC but this Sony PC monitor doesn't like the four wire. I am going to Fry's this afternoon where I hope to find a 5 wire BNC cable and I will be able to see if that is the problem. I will report my results tommorrow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.