AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm asking this question because my components are hidden & thus rendering the remotes unusable. So I got this Denon Remote control Receiver that I should be able to point my remotes at & use.

The Owner's manual is no real help connecting this as I followed their instructions & it does not work & they dont explain the use of all the cables they provide, so I'm coming to the experts here (after a forum search, of course). I cant find anything online that shows how to do this. here is my setup:

A/V Receiver: Denon AVR-2312CI (has both an RS232C External Serial Controller port for connecting an external control device, and remote control jacks [in & out]).

Blu-Ray Player: Denon DBP-1611UD (has remote control jacks [in & out])

Remote Control Receiver: Denon RC-7001RCI (has a COMPORT & four "IR Out" ports). (Comes with two "Com" cables that both have a connector that looks like an Svideo connection... one cable has an RS232 end and one has a straight end that would fit a Remote Control In or Out" jack on an A/V Receiver.

As far as the connections between the 7001 & the A/V unit: Does the Comport on the 7001 connect to the A/V's RS232C port AND IN ADDITION do I need to make a connection from the IR Output on the 7001 to the "Remote Control In" jack on the A/V Receiver??

The Connection from the 7001 to the BluRay looks pretty straightforward...I would guess it's just IR Out on the 7001 to the remote control "In" port on the bluray.

Any guideance would be appreciated! See attached also.
AV.GIF 136k .GIF file
AV2.GIF 65k .GIF file

Attachments

·
Registered
7,231 Posts
You should also post this question on the Receiver section. I'm interested in this as well. At the moment I use a Harmony remote that works okay, but some times it doesn't work correctly, but it is easy to fix just by pressing the help button on it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts