AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Samsung UN65F8000. Using the audio out connector I connected my Logitech Z623 speakers to it. Sound is great. Only problem is I have to get up to control change the speaker volume. I want to use a remote control to change the speaker volume. The connection between the TV and the speakers is a simple 2.5mm speaker jack. I also have SPDIF out that I could use, but speakers do not have that connection.

Seems strange to me that so many people have this problem, yet I see no commercial solution. Can someone help?

·
Registered
44 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJMAYE  /t/1518879/need-help-controlling-volume-on-external-speakers-connected-to-new-tv#post_24383449

I recently purchased a Samsung UN65F8000. Using the audio out connector I connected my Logitech Z623 speakers to it. Sound is great. Only problem is I have to get up to control change the speaker volume. I want to use a remote control to change the speaker volume. The connection between the TV and the speakers is a simple 2.5mm speaker jack. I also have SPDIF out that I could use, but speakers do not have that connection.

Seems strange to me that so many people have this problem, yet I see no commercial solution. Can someone help?
Check your TVs audio settings. You may find a setting that allows you to choose either an audio out that is something  like "fixed" or "variable" or similar wording. If so, choose the "variable" setting and the TV remote should control the audio. You may also have to choose an audio setting that sends audio out to external speakers, or choose the internal speaker only for the "variable" setting to take effect.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have enabled the external TV speakers. There is not switch between fixed and variable output. Wished there were though!

·
Registered
181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJMAYE  /t/1518879/need-help-controlling-volume-on-external-speakers-connected-to-new-tv#post_24388265

I have enabled the external TV speakers. There is not switch between fixed and variable output. Wished there were though!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJMAYE  /t/1518879/need-help-controlling-volume-on-external-speakers-connected-to-new-tv#post_24383449

I looked up the speaker set; it appears there is no remote control. If that's true then it would be impossible to control them with any remote...

I would suggest exchanging the set for a soundbar or something that is remote controllable.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure it would be impossible. It is nothing more than vary the voltage of each of the 2 stereo channels. A couple of potentiometers would do the job to allow me to manually set the volume, but that is what is already on the speakers. I would be no better off. I need to put this IR adjustable device between the TV and the speakers. I saw something on ebay for this in more of a kit form. I just thought with all the posts I see on this problem that there would be an off-the-shelf solution.

·
Registered
181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJMAYE  /t/1518879/need-help-controlling-volume-on-external-speakers-connected-to-new-tv#post_24388562

Not sure it would be impossible. It is nothing more than vary the voltage of each of the 2 stereo channels. A couple of potentiometers would do the job to allow me to manually set the volume, but that is what is already on the speakers. I would be no better off. I need to put this IR adjustable device between the TV and the speakers. I saw something on ebay for this in more of a kit form. I just thought with all the posts I see on this problem that there would be an off-the-shelf solution.

Do the speakers have an IR receiver? I didn't see a remote included with the system and just assumed it would't have the IR receiver.

If it does, you may be able to purchase a universal remote to solve your problem!

·
Registered
1 Posts

The most economic and effective way is via USB audio control from Amazon. It has many names, audio control, shuttle wheel, etc. Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...n_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1#customerReviews

Also buy a USB extension cord from your device to your bed or whatever, I got a 15 feet long cable for $6.

I hope it helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts