AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
There is the paint think it is called goo systems paint but I don;t know about painting a screen. You could buy some black out cloth like velvet and just apply it to the screen at the top and bottom and make it 16:9 or 2.35:1 ratio.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
If you mask a 60" h x 80" w screen to 16:9 (1.78:1), I believe you will have just under a 92" diagonal. Doing this with paint seems pretty dangerous to me, as you will get only one chance. If you get your measurement off, and the screen is too small; or if the paint wicks under the masking tape, you've made a mess. Also, the paint would have to remain flexible enough after it dries to allow rolling up the screen, yet not flake off or be sticky. In addition, black paint generally will not absorb as much light as black velvet.

Here's a link to a thread about making inexpensive add-on black velvet masking for a fixed frame screen. You might be able to adapt this to your pull-down screen by supporting the masks at the wall on either side of the screen (after pulling the screen down). Hope this helps.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...int-on+masking

1 - 3 of 3 Posts