AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope this is the right forum for this... Due to trees around my house I can not find one location for which can receive all the satellites with the new 5 LNB dish.

I have a 3 LNB dish mounted on my roof which receives the existing D* satellites, replacing it with the 5 LNB will not allow reception of the new satellites to the east. There is a location in my front yard were I can receive the new satellites to the east but cannot receive the original satellites.

My question... Is it possible to combine 2 dishes, the one on my roof and with one in the front yard, in order to receive all of the D*TV satellites?

Thanks in advance,

Randy

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
If you are getting reception at your current location with the 3 LNB dish, the 5 LNB should work at the same location. You currently get signals from the 101, 110, and 119 sat, the new dish adds the 99 and 103 which hug the 101 pretty close.

It is possible to combine two dishes but you need a certain AT-9 and adapters to do it. There is a thread posted over at dbstalk.com about how it was done that some searching should easily turn up.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones73 /forum/post/0

If you are getting reception at your current location with the 3 LNB dish, the 5 LNB should work at the same location. You currently get signals from the 101, 110, and 119 sat, the new dish adds the 99 and 103 which hug the 101 pretty close.

It is possible to combine two dishes but you need a certain AT-9 and adapters to do it. There is a thread posted over at dbstalk.com about how it was done that some searching should easily turn up.

Thanks mjones, I found the thread at dbstalk and it answers my question. According to that thread what I want to do is possible. My dish is in such a location that barely receives 101, 110 and 119, if the wind blows I get interference on HD channel 88.

Appreciate the help.

Randy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.