Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I need your input on 2 lcd screens for my computer. The choice is either a Dell 18in (a tad under $400 with coupons) or an NEC MultiSync LCD1760NX-BK (around $450'ish with coupons)

The Dell has a reported refresh time of 30ms. The NEC has a refresh time of 17ms! I've heard great things about the NEC and also have heard good things about the Dell.

Which monitor would you choose? While the Dell is an 18 incher, I almost feel more comfortable going for an NEC which has a great response time.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have the Dell 18" and am very satisfied with it. I run it at 1,024 X 768 using PowerStrip, the native resolution of my 433CMX. IIRC it wants a 1,280 X 1,024 resolution - the print's a little small at this rez, but still readable.

·
Registered
184 Posts
BENQ do a 16ms refresh monitor - the 767 for about $380.

I got one a couple of weeks ago, and it's not bad at all (I went from an older 21" NEC CRT though). If you want faster refresh rates, it might be worth a look.

·
Registered
184 Posts
BENQ do a 16ms refresh monitor - the 767 for about $380.

I got one a couple of weeks ago, and it's not bad at all (I went from an older 21" NEC CRT though). If you want faster refresh rates, it might be worth a look.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
madan,

where can I find the extra 15% for dell?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I see...

I think madan may have read it incorrectly. I see a 15% from the orig price to bring it to 450 and not 15% off the 450 price.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. that price for $380 for an 18" is great, I'll jump on it now if it's true.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
105 Posts
On Dell SB, it is available for $449. I have a 15% coupon and I varified that I can use it. I am not sure if I can post this coupon code even though I don't need it. PM me for more info.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Madan,

I think I sent you a PM after you posted. Doesn't matter though, I think I got to use it.

A million thanks.

Gotta love this forum :)

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, I went ahead and ordered the Dell 18in. I had first ordered the NEC but was told that they were out of stock until next month. I canceled the order and went with the Dell one. I read some good comments about it and hope they are true. Either way, I got the 18in lcd shipped for $409!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.