AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decide between Denon 890 or 990, or go with Onkyo 807. I will be using these to power Polk Monitor 70 for fronts, Polk CS2 for center and not 100% sure on surrounds but probably polk FXia 6. And a pair of polk in walls for Surr. Back. I want something I can keep for a while so that if I upgrade my speakers it should not be a problem. My only concern with the onkyo is the heat issue reported on some of the older models, dont know if this one is any better. The reciever will be in a built in rack. Don't know if it matters but I will be using this with a pj (probably Epson 8500UB). I know there are fans of both brands but with what I'm planning what do you guys thing would be the best fit?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
nothing?

·
Registered
239 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biz64 /forum/post/18310612

Trying to decide between Denon 890 or 990, or go with Onkyo 807. I will be using these to power Polk Monitor 70 for fronts, Polk CS2 for center and not 100% sure on surrounds but probably polk FXia 6. And a pair of polk in walls for Surr. Back. I want something I can keep for a while so that if I upgrade my speakers it should not be a problem. My only concern with the onkyo is the heat issue reported on some of the older models, dont know if this one is any better. The reciever will be in a built in rack. Don't know if it matters but I will be using this with a pj (probably Epson 8500UB). I know there are fans of both brands but with what I'm planning what do you guys thing would be the best fit?

Within the price range you are looking for I believe the Denon 990 has the most features built in the unit and plenty of power for powering the speakers you want to use it with. Check http://www.usa.denon.com . You also could look at Denon AVR 3310CI which is the same price and compare the features inside them. The Denons are more musical and their cost benefit is very good.

Also, in the future, if you choose to use outboard amps with the unit being used as a good Pre/Pro you can. It has preouts for this purpose.

Hope I could help.

All the best,

Michael

1 - 3 of 3 Posts