AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some advice from the experts here on which set to go with, the Mits. 65413 or the 613. I know that with the 613 I would be getting the integrated tuner as well as the firewire, however I am trying to justify that for the extra $500-600. I am just starting my HT and will be needing new speakers as well. The extra cash would go to the speakers, otherwise it will be awhile if I go with the 613. I guess my biggest question is, will I really need the tuner or will I be just as well off (or better) with an external tuner? Also, I currently have standard cable and am looking into a change, possibly satellite. Will the internal tuner work for HD with satellite, or would I need their tuner anyway? Thanks for any help for a newbie.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I got a 65413 and couldn't be more happy.

Also I was told that you'll still need a HD box even if u have an integrated tuner. So I'd recommend the 65413 and use the extra cash for speakers, etc.

·
Registered
176 Posts
the only reason you would need an additional tuner for the 613 was if you were using HD Cable or HD satellite. The OTA tuner in the Mits works great....I have a WS65869 and love the picture. If you are near a major market....check your local broadcast locations, and if you have an outdoor antenna go for it.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
If you are going with cable/satellite HD, then you'll need another box anyway so get the 413, Otherwise get the 613.

Bill

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the responses. I'm really leaning towards satellite so thanks for the info. I think I will probably stick with the 413 now. I really would like to get started on my speakers as well, so the difference will be well spent.

One last question on the 613, what will be the significance of the firewire. Again, I'm new here, so can anyone shed a little light, or point me to the information. Thanks again.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Go with atleast the 613 series as you get the EDF lenses, Netcommand 3.0 with Firewire, and I think it can also up convert 720P to 1080i where as the 413 series is not able to.

·
Premium Member
14,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Mitsuman
Go with atleast the 613 series as you get the EDF lenses, Netcommand 3.0 with Firewire, and I think it can also up convert 720P to 1080i where as the 413 series is not able to.
413 gets you EDF lenses. No Mits set gives you 720p to 1080i with component inputs.

I would go with the 613 for the firewire. If you don't want firewire...go with the 413.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you have others in your household who will also wish to operate the system without frustration when you are not at home, the NetCommand 3.0 will prove it's value. I this is not the case, but you do wish to hide your components now or in the future where they are not on top or beside the tv then again NetCommand 3.0 with firewire will be the better way to go. It's all about simplicity,convenience, and the aesthetic appeal that it will allow. Think how many times you buy a new tv like this in your life and then weigh the differences. Most people buy more cars than they do tv's so keep this in mind and get what you really want for the long haul. Just my two cents. I recently bought the 713 series and I truly love this tv. It looks as good off as it does when it's on. Anyways good luck and atleast you will be getting a Mitsubishi in any case so it will be awesome!

·
Registered
37 Posts
According to there 04' literature it distinctly speciifies that the 613 gets EDF lenses but doesn't use the same description for the 413 lenses, it instead says 5 element high resolution lenses. I have asked this question already to Mitsubishi and am awaiting a reply back from them. Also, they have told me that there integrated models do up convert 720P for sure but there ready models do not. Once I receive my new 811 Dish system I will put this to the test and see. I also re-asked the same question just so they are absolutely certain and are not misleading me. I will find out and then post. Also, I know my set with the Tru-focus lenses are Norita made lenses to Mitsu. specs but I will find out what lenses go into there lower models.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have not tried the memory card reader yet but I also like the fact that it is on the front along with front composite with front firewire jacks. Also, it will accept each individual memory card without the need of a special adapter as with some other brands/models of tv's. Some require a bridge adapter. The 413 doesn't offer a memory card reader, I wasn't sure if this is something you would use or not. Again, watching future pictures can be more fun incorporating the tv into the experience.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What is the differenc in the Netcommand that comes on the 413 and the Netcommand 3.0? Also, sorry for the ignorance, but would it be necessary for my receiver- Yamaha rx-v640 (new Christmas gift), to also have firewire to really benefit having it on the TV? If so, I don't think the receiver has firewire, I"ll have to check when I get home.

·
Registered
37 Posts
There is NetCommand which is Mitsu's feature for analog input devices and then there is NetCommand 3.0 which is there latest version which is better suited for future connectivity for digital input devices not yet conceived. With 3.0 it will work the same way for analog devices but offers more flexibility with full HAVI capabilities.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I also have a Yamaha receiver and I will let you know how I make out but so far it was very simple just getting the Mitsu remote to do basic controls for the receiver along with my Dish, DVD player and my VCR. Tomorrow I will get some of the learning functions to work.

·
Registered
37 Posts
By the way, I just got a reply back from Mitsubishi about there different lenses and also about the integrated sets accepting 720P and up converting the signal to 1080i and here's what Mitsu had to say;

"Our integrated sets can and do receive 720p HDTV signals. They receive all potential ATSC formats.

You are correct that, depending on product series, there are 3 lens grades with Tru-Focus being top end. The other series lenses are either Norita or US Precision Labs manufactured to our specifications."

·
Premium Member
14,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Mitsuman
By the way, I just got a reply back from Mitsubishi about there different lenses and also about the integrated sets accepting 720P and up converting the signal to 1080i and here's what Mitsu had to say;

"Our integrated sets can and do receive 720p HDTV signals. They receive all potential ATSC formats.
That is only for OTA and QAM broadcasts to the integrated tuner. No Mits CRT RPTV accepts 720p on component inputs.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yes you are correct, the Mistu rep wasn't specific enough when trying to answer this and misled me into believing it would work like the comparable Hitachi S500 series. That kind of bumbed me out but he assures me that it is really no big deal and that there is no big difference anyways either way.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.