Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have an htpc its

asrock amd zacate

4gb ddr3 ram

2tb hdd

i have lg blu ray drive

and i have it all plugged in my LG 42inch tv.

Now my problem only is with Playing blueray I have both powerdvd 11 premium from my dad and I bought tmt5. Both in anymovie have a stutter lag in each that is noticeable and cant play movies w/o that stutter and its annoying. Now I am just wondering would adding a ati 5450 into it would i be able to play the movies at full 1080p no problem?

·
Registered
98 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside /forum/post/20768480

Have you updated the graphics driver?

that might help. i don't have a zacate myself but I have heard that it can play full blu-rays no problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by vastolorde /forum/post/20768388

Now I am just wondering would adding a ati 5450 into it would i be able to play the movies at full 1080p no problem?

adding a nicer graphics card would definitely guarantee a fix. just check out assassin's list

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i updated the drivers nothing no difference. It plays fine in windowed mode no stuttering nothing. Put it full screen i start to see the stuttering. its very annoying i might just get the i3 2100 i hope that the igp can play blueray if not im picking up a 5450. Im sorry to say I cant get zacate to work i like it but the hassle is giving me just on blueray playback, blueray rip and every other format work fine just this. well i3 2100 here i come.

·
Registered
98 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vastolorde /forum/post/20770222

well i updated the drivers nothing no difference. It plays fine in windowed mode no stuttering nothing. Put it full screen i start to see the stuttering. its very annoying i might just get the i3 2100 i hope that the igp can play blueray if not im picking up a 5450. Im sorry to say I cant get zacate to work i like it but the hassle is giving me just on blueray playback, blueray rip and every other format work fine just this. well i3 2100 here i come.

that is unfortunate that you are having those problems. Personally, I am going to go with the i3 2100 solution soon as well.

·
Registered
98 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vastolorde /forum/post/0

Yea not sure if i wanna go i3 2100 or get g620 either way planning to get 5450 and i just wanna play blueray in 1080p

Personally I would hold off on the 5450. The 2100 with hd 3000 should have no problem with full blu ray and lossless audio.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You sure i tried looking everywhere cause i bought the amd zacate cause i heard it should play blueray and it doesnt. Now if i get a 2100 it should so better wit more cache and speed so in paper it will work but intel graphics rly that good now?

·
Registered
2,704 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vastolorde /forum/post/20770909

You sure i tried looking everywhere cause i bought the amd zacate cause i heard it should play blueray and it doesnt. Now if i get a 2100 it should so better wit more cache and speed so in paper it will work but intel graphics rly that good now?

I think if you ask you would get dozens of testimonials here from people who are happily using an i3-2100 for nice smooth blueray playback. Let me be the first.

That's not to say it doesn't have its own quirks and complictions, but I have yet to hear of a solution that doesn't.

I suggest you read the thread here entitled "Official Sandy Bridge / LGA1155 for HTPCs Thread".

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
will do ima be asking which mini itx mobo to get either gigabyte or askrock cause the gigabyte i get $20 cheaper in total but gets horrible reviews. so idk which to get thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Not sure if this will help you, but I thought I'd throw this out.

I have a htpc with an ATi 5870 graphics card. I use my htpc for both movie watching and game playing. I was getting stuttering while watching live TV, in Media Center.

I looked at my settings in ATI Catalyst Control Center (CCC), and it took me a long time to figure out what was wrong, but here is my solution:

Right click on your desktop, and click on CCC. Go to Video, and Video Settings. Make sure that "Enable Dynamic Contrast" is not selected. Then go click on the "Gaming" tab, and click on "3D Application Settings." For the first 3 options, set them all to "Use application settings."

Once I did this, the stuttering went away. I don't know if this will fix your problem or not. I don't even know if Zacate has the same CCC as a discrete graphics card. But if it does, it's worth a try.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vastolorde /forum/post/20770222

I have played a ripped blu-ray on my zacate with xbmc and it played perfect. I really think you should be able to get it to work, if you can't you might have a hardware problem. Zacate has its weakness, netflix and Hulu HD and a little sluggish in windows, but it does play recorded OTA HD and Blu-ray perfect.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffkro /forum/post/20772756

I have played a ripped blu-ray on my zacate with xbmc and it played perfect. I really think you should be able to get it to work, if you can't you might have a hardware problem. Zacate has its weakness, netflix and Hulu HD and a little sluggish in windows, but it does play recorded OTA HD and Blu-ray perfect.

Oh no it plays ripped blueray fine.. Im talking about thru the disk. I need it through the disk kinda have a tradition where have friendd come over order pizza and someone brings a blueray movie and we play cards.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.