AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I need help with what seating arrangement to have. My wife and I just moved into our first house (new construction) and it had a media room already built, but not how I would have designed it, but it is what I have to work with.... I'm also going to be painting the walls and ceiling black, getting darker carpetting, and possibly removing the sconces.

I am having trouble deciding on whether to go for 1 row of 5, or 2 rows with odder placement to fit 7 seats in. Here are the two options I've come up with so far:

or

And here is a picture of both views of the room:

What do you guys think? Any other ideas? I just don't want people to be too close or far from the screen. The screen will likely be either a 120 diagonal 16:9, or a 138 2.35, but need advice on that too.

Thanks for any help!!

-Jason

· Registered
40 Posts
Just my opinion, but I would go with one row of 5 and build a seating bar behind your row of 5. A lot of people on here have done that and I think it would fit your space. Not sure from your picture how much space that would leave you, but think it is a better option then splitting seats on the backrow.

If you look around the forum you will find several versions of this. The before and after thread might be a good place to see some. Good luck!

· Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats a good idea too. I also had someone else suggest (if its possible) to move the double door to a single door that is further to the right as you look at the doors from within the room, then have 4 seats in front, 3 behind...

· Registered
2,188 Posts
I don't see anything wrong with your first option, but that's just me. I would, however, suggest you look into a 2.35 screen (mine is actually 2.37) as it makes all the epic movies (mostly shot in that format) look just that more amazing. If you're watching a lot of hdtv, though, you may want to go 1.78... my 0.02

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.