AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hello!!

I have done a lot of research on the Sharp XV-Z15000, and in 2009 it had some great reviews.  The question is, what should i pay for it today?  I am considering purchasing one for 600$ (said to have limited use) and comes with a 120" Da-Lite fixed projector screen.

I've had a heck of a time deciding on what projector to get the last several years, so i've not purchased any.  This looks to be a decent deal?  Has technology advances in the last three years outdated this projector, or is it worth the price?

I appreciate any input.. this decision is far beyond something i want to make on my limited knowledge.

thank you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They claim it's been in a theater room and was lightly used, so should be more than a third of the bulb used if that

·
Registered
7,072 Posts
Lamp life is 100% unknown on projectors. Unless it has a warranty on the lamp, you should be prepared to budget for a new lamp very quickly.

This thread should be read if you want to get serious about what you are buying:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1105754/sharp-xv-z15000

It's not like this model is 'new' or 'refurbished', so you will need to decide for yourself if someone else's old model is appropriate for you.

You should also just it against the fact that brand new, with warranty and brand new lamp, projectors can be had for under $1,000.

The 120" screen could make the entire deal worthwhile though. Depends on the model of DaLite screen that it is. A retractable, manual screen is junk pretty much, but a fixed frame screen with velour wrapped frame is a nice product from DaLite. That alone is worth the $600 and may make the deal worth buying.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts