AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Would appreciate any ideas, chaps....sold my HV20 as new laptop cannot take firewire!! Also was a pain to tranfer via P/Pro3. So...

I'm looking for a HD camcorder, preferably £200-£350, second hand. I need to be able to shoot SD as well without the AVCHD codec (need it for an upcoming wedding I'm recording and has to be in SD for basic DVD burn and playback). Must be able to attach to tripod, so rules out cheaper 'gun' type cams I think!

However, I also want the option to shoot in HD, regardless of codec, in future. I would also prefer to have the extra option of some removable media card which can record video.

As far as I can see, the only suitable one may be the JVC GZ-HD30. Any ideas if this is suitable for recording SD and burning to standard DVD after transfer to PC? Or are there any other alternatives?

Many thanks for your time!!

D

·
Registered
28 Posts
You don't have to shoot in SD to make a SD DVD. On the contrary it might be nice to produce both a SD and HD version (for future use) of the wedding! Typically you select output format in your editing application.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts