AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im new here hope this works but im buying a set of towers from craigslist and this guy say he has Definitive Technology BP2004TL's and Definitive Technology BP20 Supertowers both for the same price. they're both Bi-Polar. which one should i get???

specs BP2004TL's: Two 1 pure aluminum dome tweeter; Two 5-1/4 high definition upper bass/midrange drivers; One 10" cast basket subwoofer per tower

specs BP20:Each tower has four 6 1/2'' drivers and two 1'' tweeters.

so please help what should i buy???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's an MTM setup? And could you just let me know your thoughts on why you would would with the BP20? Thanks for your response.

·
Registered
60 Posts
i suppose i'm in a good situation to answer this as i have bp2004tls and a pair of older bp10s, the model just down from the bp20s. i use the 2004tls as fronts and the bp10s as surrounds currently. the 2004tls have two 5 1/4" mids, two 1" aluminum dome tweeters and 250 watt 10" subs. the bp20s have four 6 1/2" mids and two 1" soft dome tweeters. my bp 10s just have two 6 1/2" mids w/ the two 1" soft dome tweeters.

i made the choice to go w/ the 2004tls up front just b/c of the built in subs. when compared to the bp10s, i like the sound of the built in subs more for ht. now i think it would be different w/ bp20s. you'd probably get much more mid range clarity and as long as you have a capable sub, you wouldn't be missing out on the low end.

another thing to keep in mind is the difference in tweeters. if you go w/ bp20s up front, you'll be hard pressed to find a matching center w/ the same soft dome tweeter. the matching ctr for the 2004tls, the clr 2002, is much easier to find.

if you have the cash, why not buy both pairs?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you i have a 12 inch infinty sub i think it would handle the low pretty well so you say go with the BP20s for my fronts?

·
Registered
1,451 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsupremacyxx2 /forum/post/19598630

What's an MTM setup? And could you just let me know your thoughts on why you would would with the BP20? Thanks for your response.

MTM = Mid/woof-Tweeter-Mid/woof orientation of drivers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts