AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Owned this awesome Marquee 8000 for several years now and i need your help diagnosing this issue:

Picture will suddenly go black and the diagnostic light in the back of the projector will glow "H Fail" red. Then sometimes the picture will snap back into focus for a few seconds only to go black again.

What I mean when it snaps back into focus is: In a matter of 2-3 seconds the picture is out of focus then re-focuses to form the image.

What could this problem be the result of???? I would hate to get rid of this projector as it has been the heart and soul of my theater downstairs.

PLEASE HELP!!

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Take off the top main cover and pull out the Horizontal Deflection Module (HDM). It is located between the blue and green tubes. Usually all it needs is a re seating. But its best to clean all board connectors once a year or twice if you live in a high humidity area.

Also read this post: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1#post14952911

It should help out.

Athanasios

·
Registered
639 Posts
Could also be a HVPS starting to die.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramoneo14 /forum/post/18233059

Owned this awesome Marquee 8000 for several years now and i need your help diagnosing this issue:

Picture will suddenly go black and the diagnostic light in the back of the projector will glow "H Fail" red. Then sometimes the picture will snap back into focus for a few seconds only to go black again.

What I mean when it snaps back into focus is: In a matter of 2-3 seconds the picture is out of focus then re-focuses to form the image.

What could this problem be the result of???? I would hate to get rid of this projector as it has been the heart and soul of my theater downstairs.

PLEASE HELP!!

You have a bad Hi-Voltage power supply. Wish I could tell you where to get one, or where to get it fixed.

·
Registered
4,801 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgeek /forum/post/18325888

You have a bad Hi-Voltage power supply. Wish I could tell you where to get one, or where to get it fixed.

I have one available.

Tim at E-Tech

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
If it's got an H fail, but then it comes back into focus, the HVPS is probably NOT bad. A bad HVPS cannot cause an H fail light to come on, but a failing HDM (H deflection board) can shut down the HV, and then it comes back over the course of a second or three.

I have 8000 HDM for cheap, send me a PM, as my main computer with my emails is down right now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts