Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by rbird:
Electrically, there's no difference between a Dish or Direct LNB and dish. It can sometimes be hard to mix a Dish LNB with a Direct dish and vice versa, simply because the LNB fits on a little differently. But in your case, you should be good to go.
OK . . . how about this . . . I have a 1.2meter (Ku band I think) dish lying around. Could I use that to get Echostar's 61.5 or 148 satellite? I sure wouldn't have to worry about rain fade during my favorite HDTV movie if that works. ;-)

·
Registered
42 Posts
My situation: Dish500 + receiver 6000 + 8VSB. I Need a new dish for 61.5 to get HD. Now I got a oval DirecTV dish and DirecTV Dual LNBs.

Can I use this dish for dish network? Are there any differences for aiming the dish because it's oval? Should I expect stronger signal because it's a little bigger than 18"?

Thanks for helping!

Jim

·
Registered
166 Posts
No problem! Go for it. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif Yes, you might get a slightly stronger signal.

Electrically, there's no difference between a Dish or Direct LNB and dish. It can sometimes be hard to mix a Dish LNB with a Direct dish and vice versa, simply because the LNB fits on a little differently. But in your case, you should be good to go.

Bob

------------------
Evil Gemstar: All your guide are belong to us!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.