AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need Help Bad! I am using a PIII 1Ghz machine with a GeForce2 MX passed through to a hollywood plus card. I have it connected to a Runco 5800 (toshiba) rear projection tv. My DVD playback using the h+ is flawless. I have the resolution twealed with powerstrip 3.0.

HOWEVER

Whenever I play back DivX movies - whether using WMP or any other Divx player I have downloaded, the picture comes out WAY too dark for anyone's liking. I posted something similar before, and some of you guys recommended tweaking the VIDEO OVERLAY controls. Meanwhile, that appeared to help- until SOMEHOW, and I have NO IDEA, after tweaking my video overlay controls slightly, I exited out of the control area to check my playback- it was improved, but needed more serious tweaking. When I went back to the video overlay control properties however, IT WAS GREY-D OUT- I WAS LOCKED OUT OF MY VIDEO OVERLAY CONTROLS!!! I've tried everything to get back into them, including restarting the machine...BUT NO LUCK!! What should I do next? I also tried tweaking the brightness settings in the properties dialogue of the DivX codec itself, but this value seems like it needs to be adjusted for every different movie I play. My goal is to just get the right settings for DVD (which I've done) and also have the right settings for DivX playback - and then never touch the settings again. Is this possible? I'm running 720x480p through my set's colorstream inputs. PLEASE HELP!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Maybe you'll have to reinstall the software. I'd uninstall it first, the reinstall.

I wonder if the codec has anything to do with it. Which one are you using?

·
Registered
113 Posts
If you use windows media player to play your divx, you need to right-click on the movie screen while playing and select properties, then advanced tab, and then select the divx codec and then hit the properties button there. You then get the divx filter properties. you can adjust the codec settings to correct for brightness, contrast, saturation, and hue. These settings only alter divx movie playback, not settings on you tv.

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.