AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Need an answer today on this. I recently put an order in for the eD A2-300 because it was "$350" shipped (USD). Turns out after I put the order in, they call me and say it is another $85 USD for Canada shipping/duty (still have to pay tax yet). Taking that into consideration, I was thinking I might cancel the order as this is now going to be well over $500 CAD for this sub. I just looked on kijiji and there is a Veloydyne DPS-12 for $300 CAD.

Would you cancel the a2-300 for the DPS-12 to save over $200?? Why or why not? Also, would you recommend any other sub up to $500 other than the A2-300, that may out-perform it? If I put the shipping costs toward a different sub, it woul dhave to be better, obviously...

Thanks in advance!

~caper

·
Registered
118 Posts
Simply looking at the spec sheets (as I have never heard either one) it appears the ED has lowest frequency specs.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Only you can qualify if the cost / benefit is good enough. Both subs are quite serviceable. I suspect the ED would have an edge, but you have to be honest with how picky you are - there are lots of people out there that could not tell the difference between 3-5Hz difference in LF extension or 3-6db in output. So you toss ~$200-300 in there on top of that and it becomes a very personal decision.

All I can really add, is that I would not pay $300 for a used DPS-12 my offer would be at least $100 less than that assuming it is out of warranty and in very nice shape, even less if beat up.

It's a nice enough sub (terrible control panel) that originally sold for a lot more, but there are modern choices you can buy new with warranty for that amount of money or less. BIC, etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts