AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I moved into an apt not too long ago and will only be here a year or two likely. That means, I'm ok with more temporary type solutions for getting my home theater setup. My main issue is, I currently have my Epson projector sitting on a bookshelf because I didn't have the ceiling mount. Well now I do and my next issue is, where do I put the receiver and what not. My thought was, I could wrap the cords around the wall and put them on the shelf above my fridge. This wouldn't be the cleanest looking thing but again, I don't care about that. Without mounting a shelf or something to the drywall near the projector, I don't know what other options I have. I'd like to not have anything under the projector so I could push the couch back or have a bigger walkway.

I know you guys are usually a little more.. obsessive.. about these types of setups but please empathize with my poor student situation lol.

(and yes the Xmas lights are temp until I mount a screen and get better lighting, etc.)

Thanks in advance for any help! I really, really appreciate your knowledge.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dude, I only had a 12 inch black and white TV and 4 channels of OTA programming until long after I had my first masters. No sympathy here.
Lol.. I suppose I shot myself in the foot with that one. I bartend while in grad school so I'm earning it at least!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Grab a cheap server rack from Craigslist or Facebook market place, mount the pj on top and throw everything else on shelves below.

Or build a rack out of 2x4 and paint it black. Then your pj can be 6-7' high in the air.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Another vote for above the fridge. If/when you have a spouse you'll have to go to great lengths to gain their approval. Enjoy the cheap and easy route while you can.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just put your gear on top of the cabinets. And get that water damage fixed on your ceiling. Keep a step stool handy when you need to do something you can't handle with the remotes.
Haha I wondered if anyone would notice that. My landlord is trying to fix it but he cant find the leak in the roof to be able to fix the ceiling. I know he's trying because I've had 3 separate roofing people come out and they can't figure out where the roof is leaking so they dont want to fix the ceiling without fixing the roof leak first. That's part of the reason I didn't mount the projector yet because they may have to mess with the ceiling.

Anyway, thanks for the help. Will do.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Another vote for above the fridge. If/when you have a spouse you'll have to go to great lengths to gain their approval. Enjoy the cheap and easy route while you can.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Lol. Thanks for the advice. I am a single man and it's pretty hard to date with a pandemic going on and being in grad school at an older age w/ a population WAY younger than me :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts