AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm searching for a plasma tv around 50 inches, I really want it to have PVR.

I would like to stay below 1000euro anything over that will direct me to samsung ps51d6900, but I don't really need/want a 3D tv and I would prefer to not pay more to get this feature.

I have found only some LG tvs, but I don't really like LG tvs and Id prefer samsung/panasonic.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbook /forum/post/20865358

Just out of curiosity, are there no video forums in the UK? They could give you a better idea than what you would get here, but good luck anyway.

Edit

Here is one:

I'm sure they could give you the information you seek. Again, good luck.

Thank you. Any help is useful.

·
Registered
330 Posts
There are quite a few people out there that don't want to pay extra for 3D (I'm one of them). However, from the research I'm doing, it looks like the best 2D sets are also 3D capable. Why? Because for 3D to be effective, you need good picture quality. If you go for a 2D-only set, odds are it will have inferior picture quality to 3D sets.

Also, you're not really paying that much for the 3D capability. The higher prices are mostly due to better panels and features such as anti-reflective coatings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.