·
Registered
10,866 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need male to male.

Only ones I found were from China. Wasn't sure if anyone knew of a store I could try to pick one up. Radio shack didn't have them I know.

·
Registered
10,866 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by molibra  /t/1524614/need-help-finding-a-computer-adapter-for-sports-ticker#post_24540111

I need male to male.

Only ones I found were from China. Wasn't sure if anyone knew of a store I could try to pick one up. Radio shack didn't have them I know.

You can make it work with the adapter above (assuming the pinout you need is what the Multisync monitor used), and then any two VGA and RS232 (DB9) cables with the correct genders. If you don't have a specialty electronics shop nearby, order the pieces online. Cablestogo will have everything - you might be able to buy the adapter somewhere and get cheap cables from Monoprice.

·
Registered
10,866 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by molibra  /t/1524614/need-help-finding-a-computer-adapter-for-sports-ticker#post_24540387

I need this, but male to male

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812296029

Why is it no one makes the male to male?

Because it's weird...

First - that's NOT the same connector type you posted originally. Second, you can always use a "gender changer" pass-through adapter to convert a M/F connector to the opposite one. That's easy and cheap, just not as compact a solution.
Quote:
What is a good specialty electronic supply store I could try?

Fry's, Altex - there's no "national" chain beyond RadioShack. You'll have to tell us where you're located, then maybe someone will have some local knowledge to guide you further. But honesty, you can get everything you need from one of the Internet stores like markertek, monoprice, parts-express or cablestogo...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts