AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok my B-day coming in a couple of weeks and I want to treat myself with a new System! I need a system that cost no more than 300 bucks! Something that will sound good with my 360 and My Samsung 32 LCD/HD tv!!! I live in an apartment so the speakers cant be too big or I wont have any room to put it. Here's a list of systems I narrowed down, which one the most bang for my bucks!:

My tv:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1134702498462

My choices in no particular order:
http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/compare.do?poids=153617,145836,152584,150031,148410&prevPage=categorylist.do&catOid=-13325&nstr=20012866%2020012884%2020013325&No=0&Ns=cust_rating_overall_avg|1&link=ref
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1140391939869

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Circuit City usually runs good deals on Onkyo..IMO they are the best of the best in terms of value HTIB sets...I own a Sony (Im a hypocrite because I bash Sony) it suits my needs, I do plan on upgrading in a year or two when 7.1 is more available than before not to mention affordable and I will be going with an Onkyo.

Circuit City has them all on sale right now at awesome prices...Each persons opinion will vary because their goes a lot of detail in purchasing a home theater set so a lousy $150 set in someones room who is a lot smaller....

If I do recall they have some 7.1 HDMI capable HTIB in their mdoerately priced as well..

Good luck on your future purchase with whatever you choose. A good sound setup can be just as important as a television...Especially for racing/shooter games I must say.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I bought the Yamaha S650 for my parents for Christmas this year. I hooked it up over the holidays and its a really nice all in one system. The speakers and sub are larger and higher quality than the cheaper systems, so it sounds better. I had never really listened to these HTIB systems and was pretty impressed with it. It retails for $650 but I picked up it on ebay for under $300 shipped for a new sealed system. I checked and they have 2 available for a similar price right now.

·
Registered
230 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinksjinx /forum/post/0

Circuit City usually runs good deals on Onkyo..IMO they are the best of the best in terms of value HTIB sets...I own a Sony (Im a hypocrite because I bash Sony) it suits my needs, I do plan on upgrading in a year or two when 7.1 is more available than before not to mention affordable and I will be going with an Onkyo.

Circuit City has them all on sale right now at awesome prices...Each persons opinion will vary because their goes a lot of detail in purchasing a home theater set so a lousy $150 set in someones room who is a lot smaller....

If I do recall they have some 7.1 HDMI capable HTIB in their mdoerately priced as well..

Good luck on your future purchase with whatever you choose. A good sound setup can be just as important as a television...Especially for racing/shooter games I must say.

Another vote for Onkyo! I've had my S500 HTIB for 4 years and it's been great.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's how I would break it down:

I would get the Pioneer because it was exclusively made for the 360! The speakers arent huge it would be perfect for my living room. 6o0 watts of power! And its the best reviewed HTIB on CC!

I would get the LG because it has the power of all my other choices! And its gotten excellent reviews!

I would get the Samsung because I have a Samsung tv and the color matches. 800 watts of power and more importantly it had great reviews!

I would get the Panosonic because at 200 bucks with 850 watts of power!!! You just cant beat that price! And its wireless ready!!!

Both the Onkyo and Yamaha I would get on word of mouth alone! I know those are the two people will recommend the most! I know I can upgrade the speakers and subs while my other choices cant.

·
Registered
4,234 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOFX /forum/post/0

Here's how I would break it down:

I would get the Pioneer because it was exclusively made for the 360! The speakers arent huge it would be perfect for my living room. 6o0 watts of power! And its the best reviewed HTIB on CC!

I would get the LG because it has the power of all my other choices! And its gotten excellent reviews!

I would get the Samsung because I have a Samsung tv and the color matches. 800 watts of power and more importantly it had great reviews!

I would get the Panosonic because at 200 bucks with 850 watts of power!!! You just cant beat that price! And its wireless ready!!!

Both the Onkyo and Yamaha I would get on word of mouth alone! I know those are the two people will recommend the most! I know I can upgrade the speakers and subs while my other choices cant.

Personally I would steer clear of any major brand that deals with HTIB because usually they are crap despite the company making decent products *coughPioneer/Panasonic*cough*...But like I said it depends on room size so a cheap-o set could sound awesome in the right room.

Onkyo/Yamaha would be my 2 choices as they offer the most bang for your buck really...My Sony is only 600 watts I do believe and it can be upgraded which is a plus, I have been thinking about adding an additional subwoofer...Definately look into one where you can upgrade, but the Yamaha/Onkyo I highly doubt you will need to anytime soon...They should last you a good few years...

·
Registered
294 Posts
Check ebay and you can likely find this around $300 new. They rock.

Infinity TSS-450

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.