AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running an HDMI from an Onkyo HT-RC160 to my Optoma HD20 projector on the other side of the room. I measured the distance with a bit extra to be about 29ft, so I think a 30-35ft cable should be fine. Both devices support 1080p, so I need a High Speed HDMI if I am not mistaken.

I have looked around for a bit, but I am having a hard time finding a cable over 25ft that is still High Speed. Any tips?

Edit: I did find one, but wasn't sure on the quality of it. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16882999252

·
Registered
4,649 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frothybroccoli /forum/post/20766472

...I am having a hard time finding a cable over 25ft that is still High Speed. Any tips?

That is because there aren't any (well maybe one or two) passive HDMI cables longer than 25' that can certify high speed. But do not despair. Unless you are running 1080p60 3D or 1080p60 with deep color, any decent 25' cable should work. The reason is that most of us are not running at the highest bit rates that HDMI supports. The lower the bit rate, the longer distance you can get a usable signal all other things being equal.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Hmmmm.....

We will see...

This thing specs .6W on the source end, power by the 5V line from the source. That is 120mA. Isn't the source only required to provide 55mA per HDMI spec? With all the problems we have with switches, splitters and extenders that get their power off the 5V line from the source, this does not bode well.

Their scheme also require a USB port on the sink for power.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.