Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,

First off, I am trying to find a reciever that will let me use my Xbox (connected through component), Gamecube (connected through S-video), and PS2 (connected through component) in a television AND projector, simontaneously.

Also.... DVI.....I would like to connect my DVD Player through it. Also, I know future consoles are probably going to be using the DVI hardware, are their any recievers with DVi input in them? What's the future look like for DVi? Is their a way I can get a multiple Dvi selector?

And Firewire... is their a receiever that meets all these requirements?

Aye aye......... Thanks for your help guys, my budget is 1.5k for this reciever.

YEAH I sure need help.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Short answer, NO.

Long answer,

You can get some of those features for $1500, but not firewire. You'll need to double the price to get a firewire connection at this time. There aren't any big-name players with DVI, yet.

Look into a Denon 3803 (upconverts all video to go through component output). That is probably your best bet.

Sorny

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I have no idea. Never seen DVI. Never used the 3803. But based on your request for a receiver that can do everything, this was the closest fit that was within your budget. I can name a few receivers over $3k that have firewire inputs, but none with DVI. Maybe next year.

Sorny

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.