AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 Harmony remotes, and after a drawn-out battle with logitech, I need to replace one of them. (I'm boycotting logitech, so I'll need another brand). I have a relatively modest system, TV, Yamaha receiver, Tivo that perfectly controls my echostar dish network box by Tivo's IR blaster cord, DVD changer (Sony 400disc), and a Buffalo linktheater which may soon be swapped out for a Ziova unit.

Anyways, I'm looking for a remote that can work like the Harmony, the way that if you press "Watch TV", it turns all the devices on and adjusts their inputs to however they are needed, same with "watch a DVD" or "Watch a video". I was looking at a few by Monster and AR, does anyone have experience with these? It is my understanding the AR unit can also get information by Wifi, does this feature require a subscription? Does is work the way the harmony UESD to, where programming information could be read on the LCD, and you push a button to change to that program rather than entering that channel? (The removal of that feature from the Harmony 659 is one of my beefs with Logitech). Can the DVD titles for the discs in my 400 changer be set up in a menu on the remote, like the older Harmony remotes? (It is my understanding the new ones do not have this capability). Any help will be appreciated, including info on other brands and such. Thanks, Greg.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts