AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I have Plantronic Rig headphones which can plug into multiple sources at once. For example right now i have it plugged into my computer with a USB, my phone with a 3.5 audio jack and my Xbox with a second 3.5 jack. I have to keep my computer plugged in for work and the 3.5 for my phone is also needed for work. My problem is whenever i want to use another device besides my Xbox i have to get behind my desk unplug the cord from my Xbox and then plug it into whatever I'm trying to use. I'm looking for something i can plug a 3.5 jack and then plug all my other devices into the back of it and be able to switch between them. I know there are receivers that do this but they are a bit expensive and kind of overkill since I'm only planning on using headphone.Does anyone know a a fairly cheap solution to my problem

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
just buy a cheap rca based audio switcher (ie. lots of R/L rca jacks) and use 3.5 to rca adapters. I am sure radioshack and others have them for less than $30 for a push button type switcher.

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
Get the Cables To Go #28750 5-channel audio switch box.

Amazon has it for $20.

It has RCA jacks, so you will need an adapter from the 3.5 plug to RCA, but those only cost a buck or two from Monoprice.

The TCC-716 costs $30, and it has 6 channels. Four of them have RCA jacks and two of them have 3.5mm input jacks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts