AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a huge fan of Cowboy Bebop and really enjoyed Trigun. Sadly they are old and I haven't come across any "new" series that I can stand to watch for more than a minute or two. They all seem like Naruto
. Please give me a few suggestions. I have heard "Now and Then, Here and There" is really good, but, am scared it will be Naruto

What happened to the greats? Robotech, BigO, Cowboy Bebop, and Trigun? Help!

·
Registered
3,759 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg /forum/post/15583486

I am a huge fan of Cowboy Bebop and really enjoyed Trigun. Sadly they are old and I haven't come across any "new" series that I can stand to watch for more than a minute or two. They all seem like Naruto
. Please give me a few suggestions. I have heard "Now and Then, Here and There" is really good, but, am scared it will be Naruto

What happened to the greats? Robotech, BigO, Cowboy Bebop, and Trigun? Help!

There are many different flavors of anime.

A couple of series you might like:

Death Note.......this one will hook many people with the first disc.

Samurai 7....... well done, and coming out on BD next month.
http://www.asianblurayguide.com/deta...ion_anime_usa/

·
Registered
12 Posts
NTHT is a very good show. I can assure you that it is NOT Naruto. Two other series that i particularly liked were Full Metal Panic and Irresponsible Captain Tyler. Check out AnimeNewsNetwork.com for listings of these series.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Check Out Rurouni Kenshin, an oldie but goodie

Full Metal Panic is great

Samurai 7 is pretty good

Death Note is good if you into that gothic feel

Gurren Lagann was amazing

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
have you checked out Miyazaki's yet? My neighbour Totoro, Spirited away, Howl's moving castle just to name a few are masterpiece's.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

Ghost in the Shell: 2nd Gig

Appleseed

Appleseed Exmachina

Escaflowne (series was great. movie was ho hum)

Earth Girl Arjuna

ahem Naruto

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daman S /forum/post/15614519

have you checked out Miyazaki's yet? My neighbour Totoro, Spirited away, Howl's moving castle just to name a few are masterpiece's.

Yes, big fan of those. Nausicca being my fave.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg /forum/post/15618097

Yes, big fan of those. Nausicca being my fave.

Great! I can't wait for these to release on blu as ill probably be picking everyone of them(well maybe except Porco Rosso)
They are the kind of movies that really take both kids and adults to fantasy worlds(hard to do that with adults these days IMHO).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Berserk is by far my favorite anime series. Like Lord of the Rings, it takes place in a medieval setting (knights, castles, etc.) and has supernatural elements. The first episode is a bit jarring because it takes place in the future, but just keep watching. The whole "first season" (a second season was never produced, sadly) is basically a giant flashback. It takes place during the "golden age" in the Berserk universe. If you want to find out what happens after the end of the anime, you have to buy the manga, which is distributed by Dark Horse in the US. Anyway, if you're looking for something original, try Berserk. It rocks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts