AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my delima. I have a Sony CDX-F7715X head unit with a Terk XM Direct XM radio setup. It consists of the tuner box and a converter to connect to a Sony Unilink head unit. All control is done from the buttons on the head unit. I recently picked up a cheap iPod adapter (the Sony branded unilink one, can't remember the model number off the top of my head.) So, in order to get them to both work, you have to get the unilink adapter. The current model is the XA-C40, and I have one of those currently sitting in the box. I tried hooking it up this morning and when I have the XM tuner and the iPod adapter both plugged in, the head unit won't respond to anything. The display won't even light up. If only one of the other is hooked up, it works flawlessly. In the instructions for the head unit, it references the previous model, the XA-C30. The problem is that I can't find one anywhere on the web (except fleabay, but was hoping to get one from an actual retailer with a warranty and return policy and all that cool stuff.) Anybody know a good place to find discontinued car audio products?

·
Registered
616 Posts
unfortunately, ebay is prolly your best bet. purchase thru paypal with a credit card (not debit) and your purchase offers greater insurance should there be a problem. i purchased my ken-sir1 (sirius adapter and antenna) from ebay and have had no problems for the last 2 years. good luck...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.