Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just sold my Marantz SR5200 receiver. :(

It was the most beautiful sounding receiver I've ever had for music (yes, I already regret selling it). But unfortunately it wasn't what I wanted for Home Theater, and that's where 90% of my listening is done lately.

My requirements are:

1) used (best value)

2) have Dolby Digital/DTS 5.1 capability

3) be DYNAMIC for reference level listening to action movies.

4) $300-$350 MAX (i know, i know...)

This will ONLY be used for three or four months while the budget for pre-amp/seperate amps becomes available. So therefore I don't need any frills. Just 5.1 and dynamic with good processing.

Can you guys recommend anything to me? I'm an eBay user and have purchased off of audiogon in the past.

I'm in the Los Angeles area and live in a house. My listening room is about 20'x35' and opens into the kitchen/hallway. The speakers are full sized Rocket RS550 mains, RS200 center and a pair of small B&W surrounds at the moment. All five speakers need to be run from the receivers power.

If you know of any deals out there in my current price range, please let me know. ;) I'm already going to start searching for my favorite brand, h/k... but want to keep my options open.

·
Registered
57 Posts

·
Registered
7,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by RAYL29
Arcam Avr100 Surround Receiver $350

http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.p...124&class&3&4&
Excellent choice, but horrible bass management makes me leary of it for my intended use. Definately a bargain, but maybe too much like the Marantz, it's first thought is music and HT second.

Quote:
The three options are: all large speakers with a subwoofer, all small speakers with a subwoofer, or large left and right front speakers with small center and surrounds and no subwoofer.
Thanks. :)

·
Registered
7,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by jerndl
Here's a refurb HK AVR325 in your price range.

Jay
Based on my experience with h/k, that does look good. :)

They want $59 for shipping though. :(

Thanks for the suggestion, I put the link into my favorites for further consideration!

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
You can get H/K refurbs (designated "Z") with a 2 year warranty direct from the manufacturer at their Ebay store or their online store at harmanaudio.com (specials) and they won't kill you on the shipping.

Dsmith

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.