AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone:

I have purchased a projector package from selby. It has a tw9200w projector

Ceiling mount , 108 inch manual pull down screen and a hdmi cable.

I have setup the projector 3.8m away from the wall and it can produce the maximum of 120 inch image on the wall. I was going to mount the screen on the wall but I had a comparison by putting the screen on the ground and pull the screen up and compare the 2 output images. The wall image on top and the screen image in the bottom. It should be able to see the significant difference between the 2 images in terms of texture, color saturation and brightness. Even my screen is 1:1 gain I may not be able to see the brightness differences but at least it shows a clearer picture. So my question is why wouldn't I see the improvement over the projector screen on top of my Snow-white painted wall when I tried to watch a movie at night, no matter a bright scene or dark scene , it shows no difference as far as I concern. Is it because of the screen quality isn't good enough for me to pick up the differences ? Or I have not set the thing up properly ? I need experienced user to give me an advice. Appreciate with all the help in advance.

Kind regards,

Raymond

·
Registered
19,078 Posts
I'm going to guess that it is a very inexpensive screen, correct? You can't expect too much. Good screens cost $900.00 - $2000.00. Manual pull down screens tend to be cheap " slide projector " type screens ( except for Da Lite High Power screens ). What brand screen / material is it ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's just the screen came with the package from selby.com. I heard some people said any screen would look better than projecting on a wall. But I cant tell the difference at all. After your opinion I think i have to get a decent screen to achieve what I want. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts