AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi to everyone,

I'm currently moving to a new home. I am working on my home-cinema setup, and I am currently trying to install 4x B&W BB6C (back boxes) in the ceiling.

However, on the manual, there is a step (4) where they use some sort of tape to seal it.
I don't know what this tape is, nor what it is used for... Does anyone know ? It would be so helpful...

The plasterers will finish the ceiling on Monday. I have 24h to get this done before it is sealed :eek:

Thank you in advance for your advice,

Attachments

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Hi to everyone,

I'm currently moving to a new home. I am working on my home-cinema setup, and I am currently trying to install 4x B&W BB6C (back boxes) in the ceiling.

However, on the manual, there is a step (4) where they use some sort of tape to seal it.
I don't know what this tape is, nor what it is used for... Does anyone know ? It would be so helpful...

The plasterers will finish the ceiling on Monday. I have 24h to get this done before it is sealed :eek:

Thank you in advance for your advice,
I believe this is what you are looking for (Adhesive Mastic) B&W recommends it with every in-ceiling/in-wall speaker install:

To reduce the possibility of the ceiling buzzing or rattling, adhesive mastic can be applied between the studs and sheetrock in the vicinity of the speaker aperture.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe this is what you are looking for (Adhesive Mastic) B&W recommends it with every in-ceiling/in-wall speaker install:

To reduce the possibility of the ceiling buzzing or rattling, adhesive mastic can be applied between the studs and sheetrock in the vicinity of the speaker aperture.
Sounds right ! Thanks a lot !

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Sounds right ! Thanks a lot !
No problem hope it works out. I have CWM7.3’s for my 5 bed channels, 4 CCM682’s for my atmos speakers and two JL F112v2’s for LFE. I live in a condo with all metal studs And did not use mastic tape and have no rattling issues with any of my speakers. My air con registers on my ceiling as well as my recessed light cans rattle like crazy and fixed it with DynaMat xtreme sound deadening which is used for car audio.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same question (why don't they print details in the manual!? they could print it in 10 languages and still avoid multiple doc versions), except my manual showed using a caulk gun. Here's the answer that B&W support gave me:

you can use acoustic caulk or Green Glue. An adhesive-backed insulation tape would be the typical thing to use, to mitigate any gap around the sides of the back-box, sealing the enclosure.​

1 - 5 of 5 Posts