AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have connected this

PC(hdmi) -> Denon 1611 -> Vienna Waltz.....

Now i dont feel it was giving enough juice...so i thought to replace the Denon 1611 to so i bought a USB DAC

www.nuforce.com/hp/products/iconudac2/

i think i need a T-amp with this ...as i want to take 1611 out of the picture fully now...

can anyone recommend any good amp with this.... i dont want to spend fortune also if this DAC is no good i can go and look for other hope it shouldnt cost a fortune thats all i am asking for...

V

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
Are you interested in two channel music or surround? NAD makes some real good 2 channel amps and integrated amps. Check ebay or craigslist. If you are looking for multi channel, then again you could look at some used gear with more power.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bommai /forum/post/20972967

Are you interested in two channel music or surround? NAD makes some real good 2 channel amps and integrated amps. Check ebay or craigslist. If you are looking for multi channel, then again you could look at some used gear with more power.

Thanks for reply...i am looking for plain 2 channel music from my two speaker of Vienne accousting watlz grand..

my question is ...this USB DAC can solve my purpose wiht amp...

and if some one can refer what ampi should buy that would be great...

V

·
The Village Idiot
9,558 Posts
The DAC you linked to certainly needs an amp. You can use a T-amp or connect it to your Denon. Few T-amps will give you the power your Denon has. If small is what you are looking for the T-amp will fill the bill. If power is what you want then you need something like a Harman Kardon 3390 or 3490 - Onkyo 8050 - all are stereo receivers.

I finally got the T-amp I ordered a while back - while it has good clean power it craps out well before my Harman Kardon 3390. It sounds good right to the point where distortion takes over.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts