AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to build my second HTPC and I am having some problems making the PC boot up.

First here are the parts of the PC:

Intel D845PT MB (MicroATX)

Intel Pentium 4 1.6 GHz and Intel Pentium 4 1.6a GHz

ATI Radeon 7500 64M DDR

Crucial 256MB DDRAM PC-2100

Seagate Barracuda ATA IV

LiteOn DVD ROM

Initially, I am using the 1.6A CPU and the system won't boot up (the VGA card fan will spin, the light on the MB is lit, the HD and DVD rom starts up) the CPU fan will spin BUT the rear fan connected to the MB won't start, the power led is not lit and the PC won't boot. I thought the MB is bad so I had it replaced but same problem.

I called Intel and was advised that in order for the D845PT to work with the 1.6A CPU is to have the BIOS updated OR use a CPU without the 'A'. I then replaced the 1.6A CPU with the regular 1.6GHz CPU. Still the same problem.

Any advise will be appreciated.

·
Registered
90 Posts
have you looked at the power supply? Might be out of spec or not powerful enough for that CPU... my Intel days are behind me, but I've had similar displays with Celeron systems here at work... erratic behavior, some fans running, some lights on, but nothing else... replaced PS and everything is great.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by chuckb_jr
have you looked at the power supply? Might be out of spec or not powerful enough for that CPU... my Intel days are behind me, but I've had similar displays with Celeron systems here at work... erratic behavior, some fans running, some lights on, but nothing else... replaced PS and everything is great.
Thanks. The same thing was the advise I got from Intel MB Technical Support. Replaced the PS and it now works.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.